Veganism is not just a diet. It is not just a “lifestyle.” It is a nonviolent act of defiance. It is a refusal to participate in the oppression of the innocent and the vulnerable. It is a rejection of the insidious idea that harming other sentient beings should be considered a “normal” part of life. It represents a paradigm shift toward a new default position that violence for pleasure, amusement, or convenience can never be justified. – Gary L. Francione
Original article was published at the fpmt.org (July-September 2013)
1) O Sel Ling is affiliated to the FPMT (Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition), the international organisation founded by the Ven. Lama Thubten Yeshe and the Ven. Lama Zopa Rinpoche, his present spiritual guide.
O Sel Ling is not far from here : Órgiva, Granada, Spain.
3) A DHARMA VOICE FOR ANIMALS (Thanissara)
6) Buddhist monk and renowned author Matthieu Ricard, who has been called the “happiest man in the world” wants You to Go Vegan.
7) 'The Buddha, The Vegan and You' by John Bussineau
8) Friends, Not Food (Illustration by Lasha Mutual)
When the animals come to us, asking for our help, will we know what they are saying? When the plants speak to us in their delicate, beautiful language, will we be able to answer them? When the planet herself sings to us in our dreams, will we be able to wake ourselves, and act? - Gary Lawless